Well in true Kyrgyz fashion, i'm on another computer that won't let me upload the Word format of entries I write on my home computer. So I can't upload the absolutely ridiculous events of Friday night. But I can sum it all up: we went out with locals and the English teachers, the night deteriorated into drunken douchebaggery, and my 3 close friends and I ended up being the sober ones that had to cover a large chunk of the bill and talk to the cops. I was displeased. Greatly.
I have no idea what it is about some men (particularly Kyrgyz men) that feel the need to get completely wasted, then become agressive, start fights, and break things. One of the Kyrgyz guys tried to get handsy with me and i knocked him across the room (it felt great too!). And one of the English teachers got his hand really cut up by broken glass and had to go to the hospital (though i've since found out that he actually started the fight - so no sympathy there).
But in the end, you can really judge the character of the people I prefer to associate with by how we acted. I mainly hang out with 3 other people. One of the guys took the teacher to the hospital, and me and the other 2 had to talk to the cops after everyone actally involved in the fight ran away. I wasn't really afraid of talking with the cops - I was sober and the staff clearly saw that we were the ones trying to break up the fight. We talked about the night yesterday and all agreed that we felt like the parents of the group and also agreed that we would not be hanging out with that group again. Good grief.
So now i'm off to a marathon of vocab studying! woohoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.