Friday, 13 November 2009

11/3 – Tuesday – The Kyrgyz Flu

I spent yesterday sick in class and I have to moan a bit and say that it stinks to talk for 5 hours straight with a sore throat and ear ache. But this morning was the real kicker. I woke up really early, about 5:30am, to finish homework and started getting sick a few times before class. But I went to class anyway (I had just gotten up 2 hours early just to do homework) and struggled through reading class. Ironically, we were discussing illness that morning and I had a lot to say on the matter. Well, actually I found it hard to say anything as the only words in my head were “don’t vomit, don’t vomit”. It was funny – I had a little burp at one point in the class and I swear my teacher jumped backwards. Well, she probably didn’t find it funny. (“And then I had to go teach this stupid American and I swear she was going to toshnit on me!”).

During the break after the first hour of class I discovered that 3 of us woke up that morning getting very sick. There was no common denominator on food we ate Monday so we figured it wasn’t probably food poisoning – so we are going with it is Kyrgyz flu. I ended up struggling through one more hour of class then called it quits and spent the rest of the day in bed. My fever got pretty high and definitely reached that point where you tell yourself it is just the flu and you aren’t going to die – but despite that you are like “nope, I’m going the die. This is it. Should’ve bought health insurance.” By the way – my “near death” experience did push me to purchase health insurance, thereby guaranteeing I will not be sick for the rest of the journey. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.