Friday, 13 November 2009

10/17 – Saturday. Anton’s.

After only 12 hours in country I found the beer and the beer drinkers. I think I can stay now. Last night I was invited out to Anton’s – this very interesting but cool pub in the basement of a house. I met a few of the expats, who are very fun to hang out with. There are expat students learning Russian and English teachers here – maybe about 15-20 people all together.

I tried my first bit of Kyrgyz food, can’t remember what it was called and barely ate it anyway. The meat here is all fat – the Kyrgyz absolutely love fat. Each bite of meat was approx 3/4th-4/5th fat and you are supposed to bite the meat off the fat or bone. I tried once and it turned my stomach so I just ate a piece of bread instead. I’ve been told that I’ll come around to it once I’m hungry enough…we’ll see.

On a side note: my toilet hovering skills freakin’ rock. I will (try to) never complain about squats again….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.