Friday, 13 November 2009

10/20. Tuesday. Day 2 – the meltdown.

Woke up at 6am this morning to finish my homework. Way too tired last night to finish it. I think the sleep deprivation and lack of food got to me today. During one of my lessons I became really frustrated because the teacher only planned one topic for the whole 2 hours – my family. I was seriously answering all the questions multiple times and got so sick of talking about the same thing that I became really frustrated. So then I’m trying to explain things but can’t think of the Russian and she isn’t grasping my English…and it all came to a head with me becoming slightly emotional. Only slightly though. So then she just looks at me and is like “Maybe you have personal problems, yes?” I just had to laugh at that point and drop the whole thing. The problem clearly was not translatable.

Atleast it is Tuesday and I have tomorrow off. Tonight the group is having a jello shots party in one of the flats. Apparently one girl got jello for her birthday and is making loads of jello shots. I’m going to try and take it easy but we’ll see :)

Edit: Below is a picture of the jello night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.