Friday, 13 November 2009

11/9 – Sneg!! (Snow!!)

Today is the first day of snow for the season – it is beautiful :) We’ve all been waiting impatiently for snow to come for one very important reason – we want the government to turn on the heating in the city. Apparently in communist wisdom, the central government has to come turn the heat on in our buildings. Rumor had it that it would be Nov 1st, but they decreed it to be too warm and that we would wait until snow came. Snow is here – I want some heat in my bedroom!! But alas – no word on when the government will turn our radiators on – local teachers think it will be awhile still. So my room is probably in the 50s and the classes are just as cold. My sleeping bag is very warm and I have a hot water bottle – but that doesn’t help in getting out of bed in the mornings! Painful I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.