Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Back from Naryn

We've made it back from our weekend trip to Naryn. I can't post the full details and photos at the moment. We're having classes every day this week to make up for the holiday last Friday, so i'm a zombie right now and can't make it to the internet cafe to upload the photos.


But to try and sum up the trip - we stayed in an old Soviet-era hotel as one guy wanted "true Soviet atmosphere". Well, we got it - less than clean sheets, a toilet that didnt stop running - plus the Kyrgyz touch of having a prostitute show up at our room the second night. And my friend tried to sell me to a Kyrgyz man on the street for a Lada. (The man's words said joke...but his eyes said I can fit you in a sack and stuff you in my trunk). But luckily I have escaped bride-napping for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.